Pretty Woman Valentine - A History

                   Image result for frenemies at work male female
There is a lady in my office who has become my new best friend and... we don't get along.

Her name is Sally, not her real name of course. Names are important. Names can describe who or what is named, or foretell what a person is like. None of that applies here. I chose Sally for its symbolism. Change one itty bitty letter and Sally becomes a completely different word - Sally is Silly, Silly is Sally

It is indicative of life that one small change can have large impacts.  Choosing the name Sally says more about me than it does about her.  How silly of me.
Since I have given Sally a name, I should give myself a name too.  You can call me Harry, after Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, not Harry from the When Harry met Sally movie.

Sally joined our office over ten years ago. She came from some other part of the company. A promotion I think. It's only recently that Sally became my BFF.
Sally is an attractive woman but what that is has changed over the ten years . 

She still has a pretty face, lovely clear skin, nice hair but back then she was a bit chunky and bosomy. Oh yeah, she dressed like a hausfrau. I suppose that letting go of yourself comes with marriage and children. 

Today, she is divorced; she's lost the chunkiness but kept the bosominess enhanced with an hourglass figure, and dresses like a fashion model.

My observation is that divorce is good for her. She is truer to herself and seems to be living her life just as she wants without the encumbrances of small children and a husband. She is far more appealing for it.

Sally and I do not work side-by-side every day. We share some projects and we work together on them rather well. It's just that on a personal level, we do not get along as well. It's not that we hate each other, not at all. The friction comes from an inability to getting along with each other for more than a few hours at a time. Put us together for a day, all day, and we will squabble.

Some might say we are frenemies. I say we are friends in dispute or friends always learning to be better friends.  But first and foremost, we are friends with benefits.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fire

You sure 'bout that?

RedSkins PigSkins