Climate Change

Image result for la la i can't hear you climate change

Here is an idea: There is no climate change. 
 
I choose to ignore facts like:
  • droughts in California leading to wild fires,
  • hurricanes every week tearing up the Caribbean,
  • floods in the Midwest where they never had them before,
  • melting ice caps  and corresponding ocean rise that will put Florida under water.
How, you are asking, can I ignore facts? 
 
Let me tell you a story. For some women, childbirth is difficult and painful. These women swear they will never do this again, yet a year or so later, they are having another child. What happened? The women forget, or something like that, the difficulties and the pains. 
 
It's what we do as people, we ignore the bad.

In my case, I have more years behind me than in front of me. My life expectancy is a too small number. I am working very hard to ignore and forget my death. If I can manage that, surely it is easy to ignore climate change. In fact, I plan to be one of the few people who live for a really long time, maybe setting a record in the process.

So, if you are still around, you are invited to my one hundredth birthday party in Denver, a mile or so above the rising ocean level.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fire

You sure 'bout that?

RedSkins PigSkins