Books, Hair, and Underwear

Image result for always wear clean underwear

Published by Vol-E elsewhere, a long time ago
_______________________________________ I am reading a paperback book that I got on eBay. I got it for about a quarter, but the shipping was about 20 times that much.

This book is barely holding itself together. Frankly, the condition is a disgrace. The front cover has the title cut off, the pages look water-stained, and from the appearance of the corners, I can only surmise that the paper was...chewed...by something.

It's a good book, so I'll continue reading it, but will probably chuck it out when I'm done. It's embarrassing to even have it in my home where people can see it. And I'd sooner have my fingernails pulled out than even think about listing it for sale on eBay. Even for a penny, with free shipping.

I guess it's a matter of pride. If someone bought this book from me, they'd take it out of the envelope and draw all manner of conclusions about me -- none of them good.

It's somewhat like the mindset that compels me to wear decent-looking underwear any time I go out. The old "what if you're in an accident" story. And I always make sure it either matches or complements what I wear over it.

People who know me might wonder why I care so much about my underwear. This is because to look at me, you wouldn't think I had a molecule of vanity. My hair is always disheveled. Yes, always, even when it's confined with clips and a hair band. My makeup never fails to run. Most of the time I go around looking like Alice Cooper, or a Raccoon from Hell.

The thing is, I have to concede that I simply have no control whatsoever over my face or my hair.

However -- at least for now, I have more than enough control over my underwear.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Fire

You sure 'bout that?

RedSkins PigSkins